Libre Antenne

Parce que les paroles s'envolent, les écrits restent ici.

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

Annonce

#1 2020-12-31 07:58:56

BessLineberger
Téléauditeur

New York Islanders Team NHL Face Coverings - NHL Face Coverings Online

All-access digital subscription
Connect to local news for just $1 a month for 3 months

The Hurricanes wear face covering off the ice, in the locker room area and when around each other. The trainers and equipment staff all have masks at the training camp. They’re taking all the precautions.

If I'm looking for adults in the room where the NHL and the Canadian and provincial governments are negotiating, I'm putting all my money on the government to do the responsible thing. Don't make me regret this wager, Canada.Carolina Hurricanes Team NHL Face Coverings

In the Sharks’ inaugural season, Hayward’s mask stole the stage for its bold and in-your-face paint job. Following in the footsteps of Gratton’s mask with a serious intimidation factor, the blood-dripping teeth surrounding the face opening of Hayward’s bucket created the illusion of a shark swallowing the goaltender inside the mask.

Face Protection Legacies
When it comes to hockey face protection,  Kenneth William Clay is not a household name.

So for now, the memorandum of understanding on the collective bargaining agreement will remain in place, and discussions are only about divisional alignment, protocols and schedules.New York Rangers Team NHL Face Coverings

With 30 teams in the NHL, each with at least two goaltenders on their roster and some wearing multiple masks in one season, the league has seen thousands upon thousands of masks throughout its long history. Ok, so goalies didn’t actually wear masks until the late 50’s when Jacques Plante became the first NHL netminder to wear one after being struck in the face with a puck and later returning to the game in the mask he had previously only worn for practice. Regardless, the number of unique mask designs that have graced NHL rinks is too high to count.

Even the goaltenders who then adopted the new form of protective gear didn’t think much about the appearance of them until the 1970’s when Gerry Cheevers began putting markings on his mask every time he was hit in the face, either with a puck or a skater’s stick. That all changed in 1974 when art student and former goalie Greg Harrison crafted a light blue mask for Penguins goalie Jim Rutherford, commonly viewed as the first instance of personal art on a mask and thus spawning a new artform. Harrison would go on to make masks for more than eighty percent of the league’s goaltenders in the 70’s, including the famed masks of Gilles Gratton, Brian Hayward and Wayne Stephenson, just to name a few.New York Islanders Team NHL Face Coverings

Ty Smith, their top defenseman prospect, could be an answer. The 20-year-old scored 59 points (19 goals, 40 assists) in 46 games with Spokane of the Western Hockey League last season.Montreal Canadiens Team NHL Face Coverings

Pied de page des forums